These terms and conditions (“Terms”, “Agreement”) are an agreement between Flashcards Company (“Flashcards Company”, “us”, “we” “the entrepreneur” or “our”) and you (“User”, “the consumer”, “you” or “your”). This Agreement sets forth the general terms and conditions of your use of the flashcardsandstationery.com website and any of its products or services (collectively, “Website” or “Services”).
Article 1 – Definitions
Article 2 – Identity of the entrepreneur
Article 3 – Applicability
Article 4 – The offer
Article 5 – The contract
2. If the consumer has accepted the offer electronically, the entrepreneur will immediately confirm electronically the receipt of the acceptance of the offer. As long as the receipt of this acceptance is not confirmed by the entrepreneur, the consumer can terminate the agreement.
3. If the agreement is concluded electronically, the entrepreneur will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure the electronic transfer of data and he will ensure a secure web environment. If the consumer can pay electronically, the entrepreneur will observe appropriate security measures.
4. The entrepreneur can within statutory frameworks – inform whether the consumer can meet his payment obligations, as well as all those facts and factors that are important for a responsible conclusion of the distance contract. If the entrepreneur on the basis of this investigation has good reasons not to enter into the agreement, he is entitled to refuse an order or request motivated or to attach special conditions to the execution.
5. At the latest upon delivery of the product, the service or digital content, the entrepreneur shall send the following information in writing or in such a way that it can be stored by the consumer in an accessible manner on a durable medium:
a. the visiting address of the establishment of the entrepreneur where the consumer can go with complaints;
b. the conditions under which and the manner in which the consumer can exercise the right of withdrawal, or a clear statement regarding the exclusion of the right of withdrawal;
c. the information about guarantees and existing service after purchase;
d. the price including all taxes of the product, service or digital content; insofar as applicable the costs of delivery; and the method of payment, delivery or execution of the distance contract;
e. the requirements for terminating the agreement if the agreement has a duration of more than one year or is of indefinite duration;
f. if the consumer has a right of withdrawal, the model form for withdrawal.
6. In the case of an extended transaction, the provision in the previous paragraph only applies to the first delivery.
Article 6 – Right of withdrawal
Article 7 – Obligations of the consumer during the cooling-off period
2. The consumer is only liable for the value reduction of the product that is the result of a way of handling the product that goes further than allowed in paragraph 1.
3. The consumer is not liable for the value reduction of the product if the entrepreneur has not provided him with all legally required information about the right of withdrawal prior to or at the conclusion of the agreement.
Article 8 – Exercise of the right of withdrawal by the consumer and costs thereof
8601 WL Sneek
T (085) 060-7444
2. As soon as possible, but within 30 days from the day following the notification referred to in paragraph 1, the consumer shall return the product, or hand it over to (an authorized representative of) the entrepreneur. This is not necessary if the entrepreneur has offered to collect the product himself. In any case, the consumer has complied with the return period if he returns the product before the cooling-off period has expired.
3. The consumer shall return the product with all delivered accessories, if reasonably possible in the original state and packaging, and in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur.
4. The risk and the burden of proof for the correct and timely exercise of the right of withdrawal lies with the consumer.
5. The consumer bears the costs for the return of the order. Return shipments are collected by the delivery party and we send the required return label to you by email.
Article 9 – Obligations of the entrepreneur in the event of withdrawal
2. The trader will reimburse all payments from the consumer, including any delivery costs charged by the trader for the returned product, without delay but within 5 business days following the day on which the consumer notifies him of the cancellation. Unless the entrepreneur offers to collect the product himself, he may wait to pay back until he has received the product or until the consumer demonstrates that he has returned the product, whichever comes first.
3. The entrepreneur uses the same payment method that the consumer has used for reimbursement, unless the consumer agrees to another method. The reimbursement is free of charge for the consumer.
4. If the consumer has opted for a more expensive method of delivery than the cheapest standard delivery, the entrepreneur does not have to reimburse the additional costs for the more expensive method.
Article 10 – Exclusion of right of withdrawal
1. Products manufactured according to the consumer’s specifications, which are not prefabricated and which are manufactured on the basis of an individual choice or decision of the consumer, or which are clearly intended for a specific person.
Article 11 – The price
a. the consumer has the authority to terminate the contract with effect from the day on which the price increase takes effect;
b. these are the result of statutory regulations or provisions;
2. The prices stated in the offer of products or services include VAT, excluding shipping costs.
Article 12 – Compliance agreement and additional warranty
2. An additional guarantee provided by the entrepreneur, its supplier, manufacturer or importer never limits the legal rights and claims that the consumer can enforce against the entrepreneur under the contract if the entrepreneur has failed to fulfill his part of the contract. agreement.
3. An additional guarantee is understood to mean every obligation of the entrepreneur, its supplier, importer or producer in which it assigns to the consumer certain rights or claims that go beyond what is legally required in the event that he has failed to fulfill his part of the agreement.
Article 13 – Delivery and execution
2. The place of delivery is the address that the consumer has provided to the entrepreneur.
3. With due observance of what is stated in article 4 of these general terms and conditions, the entrepreneur will execute accepted orders expeditiously but no later than 30 days, unless another delivery period has been agreed. If the delivery is delayed, or if an order can not or only partially be executed, the consumer will receive notification no later than 30 days after he has placed the order. In that case, the consumer has the right to terminate the contract without penalty and the right to compensation.
4. After dissolution in accordance with the previous paragraph, the entrepreneur will immediately repay the amount that the consumer has paid.
5. The risk of damage and / or loss of products rests with the entrepreneur until the moment of delivery to the consumer or a pre-designated and the entrepreneur announced representative, unless explicitly agreed otherwise.
Article 14 – Duration transactions: duration, cancellation and extension
Article 15 – Payment
2. When selling products to consumers, the consumer may never be obliged to pay in advance more than 50% in general terms and conditions. If payment in advance is stipulated, the consumer can not assert any rights regarding the execution of the order or service (s), before the stipulated advance payment has taken place.
3. The consumer has the duty to report inaccuracies in provided or stated payment details to the entrepreneur without delay.
4. If the consumer does not fulfill his payment obligation (s) in time, after he has been informed by the trader of the late payment and the trader has given the consumer a period of 14 days to still fulfill his payment obligations, after the payment has not been made within this 14-day period, the legal interest is owed on the outstanding amount and the entrepreneur is entitled to charge the extrajudicial collection costs he has incurred. These collection costs amount to a maximum of: 15% on outstanding amounts up to € 2,500, =; 10% over the next € 2,500, = and 5% over the next € 5,000, = with a minimum of € 40, =. The entrepreneur may deviate from the aforementioned amounts and percentages for the benefit of the consumer.
Article 16 – Complaints procedure
2. Complaints about the execution of the contract must be submitted fully and clearly described to the entrepreneur within a reasonable time after the consumer has discovered the defects.
3. Complaints submitted to the entrepreneur will be answered within a period of 14 days from the date of receipt. If a complaint requires a foreseeable longer processing time, the entrepreneur will respond within the period of 14 days with a notice of receipt and an indication when the consumer can expect a more detailed answer.
4. The consumer must give the entrepreneur at least 4 weeks time to resolve the complaint in mutual consultation. After this period, a dispute arises that is susceptible to the dispute resolution.
Article 17 – Disputes
The formation, interpretation, and performance of this Agreement and any disputes arising out of it shall be governed by the substantive and procedural laws of Friesland, Netherlands without regard to its rules on conflicts or choice of law and, to the extent applicable, the laws of Netherlands. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue for actions related to the subject matter hereof shall be the state and federal courts located in Friesland, Netherlands, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts. You hereby waive any right to a jury trial in any proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement.
The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolutions (ODR) which can be accessed at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
We are ready to participate in extra-judicial dispute settlement proceedings before a consumer dispute resolution body.
Article 18 – Other provisions
Accounts and membership
If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with it. Providing false contact information of any kind may result in the termination of your account. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. We will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
Billing and payments
You shall pay all fees or charges to your account in accordance with the fees, charges, and billing terms in effect at the time a fee or charge is due and payable. Sensitive and private data exchange happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures, and our Website is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users. Scans for malware are performed on a regular basis for additional security and protection. If, in our judgment, your purchase constitutes a high-risk transaction, we will require you to provide us with a copy of your valid government-issued photo identification, and possibly a copy of a recent bank statement for the credit or debit card used for the purchase. We reserve the right to change products and product pricing at any time. We also reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made.
Accuracy of information
Occasionally there may be information on the Website that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to availability, promotions and offers. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information on the Website or on any related Service is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order). We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information on the Website including, without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied on the Website should be taken to indicate that all information on the Website or on any related Service has been modified or updated.
If you decide to enable, access or use third-party services, be advised that your access and use of such other services are governed solely by the terms and conditions of such other services, and we do not endorse, are not responsible or liable for, and make no representations as to any aspect of such other services, including, without limitation, their content or the manner in which they handle data (including your data) or any interaction between you and the provider of such other services. You irrevocably waive any claim against Flashcards Company with respect to such other services. Flashcards Company is not liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your enablement, access or use of any such other services, or your reliance on the privacy practices, data security processes or other policies of such other services. You may be required to register for or log into such other services on their respective websites. By enabling any other services, you are expressly permitting Flashcards Company to disclose your data as necessary to facilitate the use or enablement of such other service.
We are not responsible for Content residing on the Website. In no event shall we be held liable for any loss of any Content. It is your sole responsibility to maintain appropriate backup of your Content. Notwithstanding the foregoing, on some occasions and in certain circumstances, with absolutely no obligation, we may be able to restore some or all of your data that has been deleted as of a certain date and time when we may have backed up data for our own purposes. We make no guarantee that the data you need will be available.
Links to other websites
Although this Website may be linked to other websites, we are not, directly or indirectly, implying any approval, association, sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation with any linked website, unless specifically stated herein. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do not warrant the offerings of, any businesses or individuals or the content of their websites. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, products, services, and content of any other third-parties. You should carefully review the legal statements and other conditions of use of any website which you access through a link from this Website. Your linking to any other off-site websites is at your own risk.
In addition to other terms as set forth in the Agreement, you are prohibited from using the Website or its Content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
Intellectual property rights
This Agreement does not transfer to you any intellectual property owned by Flashcards Company or third-parties, and all rights, titles, and interests in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Flashcards Company. All trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Website or Services, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Flashcards Company or Flashcards Company licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Website or Services may be the trademarks of other third-parties. Your use of our Website and Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Flashcards Company or third-party trademarks.
Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Flashcards Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, suppliers or licensors be liable to any person for (a): any indirect, incidental, special, punitive, cover or consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for lost profits, revenue, sales, goodwill, use or content, impact on business, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity) however caused, under any theory of liability, including, without limitation, contract, tort, warranty, breach of statutory duty, negligence or otherwise, even if Flashcards Company has been advised as to the possibility of such damages or could have foreseen such damages. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the aggregate liability of Flashcards Company and its affiliates, officers, employees, agents, suppliers and licensors, relating to the services will be limited to an amount greater of one dollar or any amounts actually paid in cash by you to Flashcards Company for the prior one month period prior to the first event or occurrence giving rise to such liability. The limitations and exclusions also apply if this remedy does not fully compensate you for any losses or fails of its essential purpose.
You agree to indemnify and hold Flashcards Company and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents harmless from and against any liabilities, losses, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred in connection with or arising from any third-party allegations, claims, actions, disputes, or demands asserted against any of them as a result of or relating to your Content, your use of the Website or Services or any willful misconduct on your part.
All rights and restrictions contained in this Agreement may be exercised and shall be applicable and binding only to the extent that they do not violate any applicable laws and are intended to be limited to the extent necessary so that they will not render this Agreement illegal, invalid or unenforceable. If any provision or portion of any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, it is the intention of the parties that the remaining provisions or portions thereof shall constitute their agreement with respect to the subject matter hereof, and all such remaining provisions or portions thereof shall remain in full force and effect.
You may not assign, resell, sub-license or otherwise transfer or delegate any of your rights or obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent, which consent shall be at our own sole discretion and without obligation; any such assignment or transfer shall be null and void. We are is free to assign any of its rights or obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, to any third-party as part of the sale of all or substantially all of its assets or stock or as part of a merger.
Changes and amendments
We reserve the right to modify this Agreement or its policies relating to the Website or Services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Agreement on the Website. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. Continued use of the Website after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Acceptance of these terms
You acknowledge that you have read this Agreement and agree to all its terms and conditions. By using the Website or its Services you agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to use or access the Website and its Services.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact us.
This document was last updated on February 26, 2019